Astragalus is used in traditional Chinese medicine, where it is used to speed healing and treat diabetes. It was first mentioned in the 2,000-year-old classic herbal reference, Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing. Its Chinese name, huang-qi, means “yellow leader” because it is a superior tonic to invigorate vital energy (qi). Astragalus is also a staple of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and has been shown to reduce the duration and severity of common cold symptoms as well as raise white blood cell counts.
In western herbal medicine, Astragalus is primarily considered a tonic for enhancing metabolism and digestion and is consumed as a tea or soup made from the (usually dried) roots of the plant, often in combination with other medicinal herbs. It is also traditionally used to strengthen the immune system and in the healing of wounds and injuries. Extracts of Astragalus membranaceus are used in Australia as part of a commercially available pharmaceutical MC-S to stimulate production of peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Model No.: AST
Product Name: Astragalus Extract Powder
Botanical Name: Astragalus membranaceus
1. Polysaccharides 10%, 20%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70% UV Brown yellow powder
2. Astragaloside IV 0.3%, 5%, 10%, 90%, 98% HPLC Brown yellow powder
3.Total Astragalosides 10%-98% UV Brown yellow powder
1) It has the function of enhancing immunity, protecting the body from diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
2) It contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals.
3) It is used to protect and support the immune system, antibacterial, and antiinflammatory, for preventing colds and upper respiratory infections.
4) It has the effect on lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes and protecting the liver.